WHY SHOULD I BELONG
- Total number of Fire Departments in the State of Maine 433
- Total number of departments that belong to the Maine Fire Chiefs 242 Paid or 59.75%
- Total number of Volunteer Chiefs 338
- Total Fulltime Chiefs 67 or 19.8%
Maine Fire Chiefs' Association, through your membership dues, supports the following
- MFCA sponsors membership meetings in different communities across the state. At these meetings you will receive information about legislative developments, Maine Fire Service Institute, and the State Fire Marshall's Office. You will also have the opportunity to provide input to these organizations, which are very important to the Fire Service.
- MFCA offers training opportunities, Resource Directories, MFCA Handbook for new Fire Chiefs and a website that has all updated information.
- MFCA represents fire chiefs at many key governmental agencies, which are shaping the direction of the fire service in the State. (i.e., Fire Marshal's Office, Governor's EMS Advisory Board, E-911 Committee, SERC Training sub-committee, Forest Fire Advisory Board, Maine Fire Service Institute Advisory Board, etc.)
- MFCA Legislative Committee represents fire chiefs at hearings and coordinates testimony from fire chiefs. Retired Chief Jeffrey Cammack is the legislative liaison for the MFCA and attends all sessions on our behalf. Questions or concerns should be directed to him.
- MFCA Board of Directors meets the second Wednesday of the month to provide direction for the Association.
In conclusion, the Maine Fire Chiefs' Association needs your support to continue
these activities and represent your interests in the fire service.